Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Sidewalk Project

Photobucket

So I have this idea...

I've been wanting to somehow document Portland but figure taking pictures of the buildings and crowds has already been done way to many times. So I want to try something different, something that requires mingling with those who call Portland home. So what if, I take my camera to predetermined locations in different areas throughout Portland, set up a tripod, and shoot portraits of willing pedestrians that pass by...

My hope in doing this is to get something that is personal, individualistic, slightly uncomfortable, artistic and very real. A visual documentary of the men and women who make up this great city. I am hoping to get other photographers involved. This is still in the brainstorming stages but I will keep you posted on any new developments, and give you a heads up on when and where it will happen so you can swing by and give a 'ello'.

If you have ideas/questions on anything feel free to email us at:
shawningersollphoto@gmail.com

No comments: